Re: using GLIBMM_PROPERTIES_ENABLED & co

On Monday 28 April 2008 5:28:31 pm Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 13:16 +0300, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:
> > Can I define myself these variables to change the behavior of gtkmm? How
> > are the users (developers) of gtkmm cope with this if it is determined at
> > compile time? If some Linux distro decides to use a different set of
> > compile-time flags,
>
> No distro does this. And any non-embedded distro that did it on purpose
> would be a rather stupid distro that we could feel free to ignore.

I'm still a bit confused. Am I supposed to add a bunch of #ifdef ... #else ..
#endif or can I assume that no distro is going to change the ./configure
flags? Are all these flags only for embedded systems?

The gtkmm tutorial is not helping with this, by the way. If these defines are
only for embedded systems like maemo, it would have been nice to have it
stated in the examples instead of leaving the impression that everybody
(including the desktop developers) have to use these #ifdef ... #endif.

It would have been much nicer if I could have done something like this:

  #define ENABLE_XXX
  #include <gtkmm.h>

and simply get the XXX feature. Probably not realistic, I admit, but it would
have been nice :-/

Cheers,

Johnny