Re: TreeView column widths

On Apr 23, 2008, at 9:29 PM, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:

The attached program adds a HBox and then packs the ScrolledWindow into that HBox with PACK_SHRINK option. It's probably not the exact solution
you're looking for (for some reason it becomes right-aligned), but it
might give you an idea of how to accomplish it

Yes, this gets me considerably closer. I substituted an Alignment for the HBox, and got the TreeView to collapse to the left just the way I want as columns were hidden. Thank you.

Now there is a remaining packing issue, where I need to get the shrinking Alignment to affect all the parent containers up the path to the toplevel and get them to shrink, too. If someone can suggest a general technique for this, I'd appreciate it. But it seems like I'm most of the way home. Thank you very much.