I unintentionally deleted the directory!!!

After installing GTKmm in my MSWinXP box I unintentionally deleted the directory, I had also isntalled GTK+ in same directory. When I tried to reinstalled GTKmm, it did installed but without asking me to install GTK+ first, as it always did before! I am trying to reinstall in the same directory of the previous installation and then use the its own uninstaller in an attempt to remove the previous installation, but to no avail.
How can I correct the mistake I made?

Thanks in advance