Re: Adding suggestions to a Gtk::TextView

As for 2), i'd suggest Gtk::ComboBox, and for 1):

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1TextView.html#b6eb1e46c4c6b158c528cb7960f9f247

or in C API:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkTextView.html#gtk-text-view-add-child-at-anchor

or Python:

http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtktextview.html#method-gtktextview--add-child-at-anchor

-- Milosz

2008/4/1, Søren Hauberg <hauberg gmail com>:
Hi All,
  I'm trying to create an interface where the user types commands into
a Gtk::TextView. To this I'd like to add Tab-completion to this
interface, such that when Tab is pressed a list of possible
completions is shown -- just like you see in most IDE's. My initial
thought was to add a ChildAnchor to the TextBuffer, and then add some
widget to the anchor that displays the suggestions. However,
  1) I can't seem to figure out how to actually add a widget at an anchor.
  2) I don't know which widget would be most suitable to display the suggestions

I'd appriciate any thoughts as I'm quite new to gtkmm,
Søren