Re: RadioButtons activity

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:57:02 -0400 Paul Davis wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 16:34 -0300, Arthur Maciel wrote:
> > Paul,
> >
> > I understand, but the fact is if I´m trying to build a client survey,
> > how could I present to the client a radio group with one of the
> > answers active? I would induce them.
>
>  [ ] Yes, I like George Bush
>  [ ] No, I think George Bush should never have been elected
>  [*] I have no opinion
>
>   if (gtk_toggle_button_get_active (GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON(apathetic_button))
> {
>         message = "Apathy and disinterest are no longer permissible";
> 	... show message ...
> 	... present choice again ...
>   }

I don't think it's at all unreasonable to desire the ability to present a blank set of radio buttons - it's precisely the default state of a radio button group in HTML, after all.

However, given that it's not valid with GTK, one option (which I haven't tried but should work) is to include in your group a "no selection yet" button as Paul suggests, but cause it to be hidden. I'm not sure whether simply hiding the button would work, or possibly creating the button as part of the group but not adding it to any container, or adding it to a hidden container, or... something along those lines.