Re: libgtkmm 2.12 / Glade

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 17:12 -0400, Nicholas Sloan wrote:
> So I'm a new user here. I'm also new with GTKmm, GTK and C++, but I'll
> try to ask most of my stupid questions elsewhere. Unfortunately, this
> may be one that slips through the cracks.
>
> Since 2.12, I've heard that libgtk can import .glade files directly,
> without libglade. Does that mean that libgtkmm can now import .glade
> files directly without libglademm? If so, how do I do it, or where is
> documentation on this located at? The stuff online still seems to
> suggest libglademm.

Since 2.12, GTK+ can import a glade-like file format, called GtkBuilder,
and GTK+ has a converter script to convert from the glade format. I
don't recommend it right now, mostly because I find it very annoying
that each GtkBuilder file can only contain one top-level window. But
feel free to try it.

In future, Glade will use GtkBuilder, and then we will all use it and be
happy.

www.openismus.com