Re: Trying to compile gtk+ but no success cause glib

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Armin Burgmeier <armin arbur net> wrote :
[CODE]
[root localhost src]# FLAGS=`pkg-config glib-2.0 --cflags --libs`
[root localhost src]# echo $FLAGS
-I/gtkmm/include/glib-2.0 -I/gtkmm/lib/glib-2.0/include -L/gtkmm/lib -lglib-2.0
[root localhost src]# cc -o glib-version glib-version.c $FLAGS
[root localhost src]# ./glib-version
2 12 11
[root localhost src]# pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0
2.14.0
[/CODE]
I have also downloaded glib-2.14.1 but no gain. Seems those sources
are actually 2.12.11 or my wrong! Can any one help? I am feeling
desperate..
*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/.

Looks like you already have glib shared libraries installed. So you
actually compile against 2.14, but (dynamically) link against 2.12. You
should probably remove the installed version.

I had something very like this while trying to update a new-built Gentoo system. It turned out that the previous Fedora install had not been entirely wiped off, so I had obsolete libraries dotted around that Portage knew nothing about.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |