RE: Unable to catch Gdk::PixbufError

Yes, but please don't get scared by the size of it.
 svn co
https://inkscape.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/inkscape/inkscape/trunk
inkscape

The specific code fragment can be found in
/src/ui/dialog/filedialogimpl-gtkmm.cpp, line 210.

To build Inkscape:
There are quite a lot of dependencies that must be resolved, please look
on our wiki: http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/CompilingInkscape.
When you have troubles join in on our channel :)
http://www.inkscape.org/discussion.php?lang=en

Thank you very much for having a look at it.

Johan