Re: libsigc errors when using Glib::Threads

Niko Demmel escribió:
On 18/05/2007 12:41, Víctor M. Palacio Tárrega wrote:
Where I can retrieve more documentation about multi-threaded Gtkmm apps? The mentioned example has been the only piece of code that I could find about this subject.

This is a Glibmm question, but i don't mind at all to use any other multi-thread method than Glib::Thread. For instance, Gtkmm FAQ mentions the use of Glib::Dispatcher for multi-thread, but it is not documented as well.

I don't know about your errors, but here are 3 more examples of glibmm
threads and dispatcher usage:

http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/docs/glibmm-2.4/examples/thread/

Regards,
Klaus

Thanks for the info, Klaus.

For documentation purpouse, I will explain the problem and the solution.

The Glib threads cannot be created with a instantiated object.

--wrong code-- AppManager appMgr(); ··· Glib::Thread *const uithread = Glib::Thread::create( sigc::mem_fun(appMgr, &NMRControl::AppManager::createUIManager), true);
---

Replacing AppManager appMgr(); with AppManager appMgr; works fine.

---

--

/*/Víctor M. Palacio Tárrega/*/

c/ Alts Forns 36-44, 3º 1ª