Binding run-time data

Hello. I'm using gtkmm to make a little program.

The program has some entries and a button.

When the button is clicked, I'd like to get the data inside the entries.

So I'd like my on_button_clicked slot to be like this:

void on_button_clicked(int data1, int data2);

If I use bind, the data is bound at compile-time, so I can't. I don't want to use Gtk::Entry * as  arguments, because I want the slots to be independent of the gui toolkit.
Any help here? Thanks.