Re: Equivalent of the gtk g_object_ref/unref functions in gtkmm?

On 3/26/07, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen hotmail com> wrote:
Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 16:30 +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
>> Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
>>> Could you provide the backtrace?  that might be helpful information.
>> Sometimes I don't get the segmentation fault, but only a large number of
>> errors. See attachment for both the backtrace and the errors.
>
> If you get glib errors, try debuggin with --g-fatal-warnings, or with a
> breakpoing on g_log. Then you'll get a backtrace at the relevant point.

Backtrace attached, although it doesn't seem to provide much more
information to me.

> valgrind's memcheck is also incredibly helpful. Trust us on this. You
> won't regret trying it.

I get lots of errors from valgrind, but I also get them for the trivial
program

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
     Gtk::Main kit(argc, argv);
     Gtk::Window window;
     kit.run(window);
     return 0;
}

But to be honest I never used valgrind before, so I could be using it wrong.

By chance, does your vbox3 that you pull out of glade contain a
Gtk::Menu? I seem to remember reading somewhere about a problem
pulling the menu out of glade but not the window that contains it.

Although, I can't recall this ever happening to me...

You might try having your Application class have the top level window
as a member variable that gets pulled out of the glade file instead of
inheriting from Gtk::Window.  You should be able to test that in about
5 minutes and see if it makes a difference.

HTH,
Paul Davis