Re: Equivalent of the gtk g_object_ref/unref functions in gtkmm?

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 16:30 +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
> Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> > On 3/26/07, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen hotmail com> wrote:
> >> The application works fine, but closing the main window results in a
> >> segmentation fault (core dump). As far as I can tell (from a gdb
> >> backtrace) the crash is not in my own code, but somewhere inside the
> >> gtk(mm) library.
> >
> > Could you provide the backtrace?  that might be helpful information.
>
> Sometimes I don't get the segmentation fault, but only a large number of
> errors. See attachment for both the backtrace and the errors.

If you get glib errors, try debuggin with --g-fatal-warnings, or with a
breakpoing on g_log. Then you'll get a backtrace at the relevant point.

valgrind's memcheck is also incredibly helpful. Trust us on this. You
won't regret trying it.

www.openismus.com