Re: gtkmm 2.4 from Fedora Extras RPMs crashes on Hello World

Dixit Paul Davis (2007-03-09 23:24):
> >The following program, which is based on the Gtkmm Hello World,
> >crashes on my system.
> >
> >Details:
> >- Fedora Core 5, updated
> >- gtkmm24 and gtkmm24-devel RPMs (version 2.8.9-1.fc5, 10 Oct 2006)
> >  installed with yum from Fedora Extras
    [...]
> This runs fine on Ubuntu breezy and edgy
>
> gtkmm versions:
> Breezy: 2.8.0
> Edge: 2.10.2
>
> Looking at the code everything appears to be correct.  Perhaps there
> was a bug introduced in one of the versions that got patched.

For what it's worth, the code does not crash when I link it with
versions of gtkmm (2.8.10) and glibmm (2.8.14) that I compiled
myself from the original tarballs.

Thanks.

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip @ sarrazip . com>