Re: Multi-window applications in gtkmm

En/na Murray Cumming ha escrit:
On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 10:58 +0200, Joaquim Duran wrote:
Dear all,

As far I remember, some days ago someone asked if it is possible to develop multi-window applications based on gtkmm, it get the answer that a Notebook should be used (sorry, I haven't found the original messages).

Maybe for multi-document applications, such as gedit, though the choice
depends partly on personal preference and the specific application.
Multiple windows (not window in window) are no problem and easy to do in
general.

By the way, bakery does much the same as your example, and more. It
might be useful:
http://bakery.sourceforge.net/

I've taken a fast look. It looks like bakery has been designed to develop multi-document applications (I don't have clear if each document window is shown in a different Gtk::Window or the documents share the same Gtl::Window).

The idea of the example that I've sent is develop an application with opens many Gtk::Window containers and all windows are running modeless. Think in a music player: one window is the player control and another one is the play-list, another is the equalizer.

Sorry if I've not been enough explicit and I've introduced confusion with the terms.

I've written a small sample program to show the use of a very simple multiple window applications.

I hope that in new versions of gtkmm, this feature will be included in the library.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joaquim Duran