Re: Gtk::AboutDialog issue.

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 17:45 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> The Gtk::AboutDialog instance I have in my application opens fine
> whenever it is required to.  All the sub-dialogues do what is expected.
> However, the Close button of the Gtk:AboutDialog does nothing.  I would
> have expected it to hide the dialog.  Clicking the window manager close
> button on the dialog frame gets rid of the dialog but it would be good
> if the close button worked.  The following is the code I have:
>   about->show ( ) ;
>   about->raise ( ) ;

Typically you'd use about->run () instead -- this makes the dialog
modal, shows it and returns when the user triggers a response (such as
clicking the close button).  Then when you destroy the AboutDialog
instance it'll disappear from the screen as well, or if you don't want
to get rid of it you can just put a hide() call immediately after the
run()

John