Re: API proposal: Glib::compose()

Am Freitag, den 19.01.2007, 19:44 -0600 schrieb Jonathon Jongsma:
> On 1/19/07, Daniel Elstner <daniel kitta googlemail com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > here's another API suggestion to ponder:  Glib::compose(), a small set
> > of overloaded utility functions to aid with message translation.  People
> > have been using custom-made variations of this for a while now.  If I
> > remember correctly, someone on this list even made a small library for
> > that purpose.
>
> you're probably remembering this library: http://people.iola.dk/olau/compose/

Ah yes.  This looks pretty cool.  It supports conversion of arbitrary
types to strings by going through an std::wostringstream internally.
We'd have to investigate whether that is available on all our target
platforms.  Apart from the support for arbitrary types, the API is
identical to mine (probably because I unconsciously plagiarized his
interface).

--Daniel