Wrapper for gdk_get_default_root_window()?

Hi all.  I'm writing a program that needs to get access to the X root window, and I can't seem to find a Gtkmm wrapper for gdk_get_default_root_window().  Doing the following works fine:

Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Window> root = Glib::wrap (gdk_get_default_root_window());

but that seems ugly.  Is there some type of API that Gdkmm introduces around this call that I should be using instead, or is it simply not wrapped?

Thanks,
Matt