Re: Handling exceptions in gtkmm

Am Donnerstag, den 18.01.2007, 10:42 +0530 schrieb SaiKamesh
Rathinasabapathy:
> Hi,
> I am using gtkmm 4.0.3 to create user interface in my application.My
> OS is ubuntu.

There is no such thing as gtkmm 4.0.3.

> Now i am doing error logging in my application. I do not know, What
> are the exceptions may occur in gtkmm and how to handle those
> exceptions. Is implicit exception throwing possible in gtkmm or should
> we throw the exceptions explicitly using "throw" statement? and what
> is the exception class hierarchy in gtkmm?. If possible, please send
> me example program.

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/glibmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGlib_1_1Error.html

Functions and methods that may throw Glib::Error exceptions are
documented as such.  Beyond that, it is always possible to get one of
the STL runtime exceptions due to gtkmm's use of operator new() and
std::string.  But those are rare, and mostly limited to out-of-memory
conditions.

--Daniel