Re: gnome_vfs_uri_list_parse unwrapped?

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 14:51 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> However, I am interested in how you decided that the other function was
> what you needed. Did you see it used in some C example code?

No, I was browsing the Gtk::SelectionData documentation to figure out
some other problems I was having with other mime types.

Google code search finds 200 uses of gnome_vfs_uri_list_parse, and about
100 of gtk_selection_data_get_uris, so I guess the two methods are of
comparable popularity.

Maybe the smartest thing is to somehow put a note into the docs where
Gnome::Vfs::Uri::list_parse would be, mentioning the corresponding
method in SelectionData.

[1] leads me to believe this was a relatively late addition to GTK+,
which explains why it's not used everywhere it could be in existing C
code.

John

1.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2004-April/msg00142.html