Re: Dispatch of GObject virtual functions in GtkMM

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 10:27 -0600, Matt Hoosier wrote:
> > You might also try compiling glibmm and gtkmm with disabled vfuncs
> and
> > disabled default signal handlers to see if this makes much
> difference.
> >

> If it turns out that this make a difference, would I be forgoing the
> ability to do useful overriding of things like expose-event handlers?

You'd be forgoing the ability to do it easily. You'll always be able to
use the C API to do it the slightly harder way.

You'll save some code size and memory too.

I'll be interested in your results. If the vfuncs and default signal
handlers significantly slow anything down then I'd like to know why
and/or optimize the problem away.

www.openismus.com