Re: How to create the particular area in this window?

SaiKamesh Rathinasabapathy wrote:
Here I have attached a window. this window was developed in VB. Now I am trying to create this window in C++ using gtkmm.
In that window I have marked one particular area. That area contains so many combo boxes. I dont know how to create that area in gtkmm.Can I use TreeView for that?. Like this I have to create 10 windows. So I have to create 180 comboboxes. is this possible? if I create 180 objects, will the speed of my application be affected? tell me a solution plz!!!
[snip]

If you have to create ten windows like the one depicted in your original post, it appears that you'd have 320 combo boxes.  In order to avoid having that many combo box objects, I would just create the 32 that will be in view at any one time and use radio buttons to change the port and single/multiple bit modes.  Then I'd store the values that would populate the data contained by the ComboBoxText objects in an array of std::vectors for each possible mode and just repopulate the combo boxes  when a particular mode is selected via the radio button array.

I hope this provides food for thought.

Bob Caryl