Text Entry Box - text alignment

All,

I am using a Text Entry box (GtkEntry), and am trying to find a way to align the text in such a way that when the text is longer than the entry box can display, it will display the last part of the text and not the first.

Specifically, I am allowing the user to enter in a file name (with path).  I also have a button to allow the user to create the "next" output file (which adds an index to the existing file name).  My problem is that when I hit the "Next" button the alignment of the text in the Entry Box slides to the beginning of the file name, and thus all I am able to see is the directory structure and not the file name.

It seemed alining the text so the last part would be visible should be possible, but I could not find how to do it anywhere in the documentation... Is there something that I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Michael