Re: Print API Example

On уто, 2007-02-06 at 05:09 +1100, Steven Greenslade wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just finished going through the printing example, but the preview
> bit doesn't work. =/
>
> I've downloaded the source of the example, and it doesn't work either. I
> type in some random text, hit the Preview menu entry, and a brief moment
> of activity, then nothing.
>
> Are there any dependencies I should have that I might be missing? I'm
> running Windows x64 (AMD64) with GTKmm 2.10.
>
> P.S. I'm not sure if Printing is working either... One doesn't usually
> set off a printer at 5am if one wants to live. =]

Unfortunately it seems that the (Gtk+) print preview functionality has
not been tested thoroughly enough on Windows, and it is a known problem
for the Gtk+ developers. The problem is that they do not have enough
manpower to work on it. So really any help (as in patches) from someone
who could improve it (on Mac as well) would be very welcome.

My guess is that once a big-enough application which needs well-working
cross-platform printing functionality from Gtk+ sees the problem the
situation will improve. (For instance, inkscape developers plan to use
it for 0.35.)

Marko