Re: help with ustring::erase

Hubert Figuiere wrote:
On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 21:14 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
The problem I think is in your second argument to erase() (which
should be > 0). If you want to look, the docs for ustring (which is very helpful) is at: http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/glibmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGlib_1_1ustring.html. <http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/glibmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGlib_1_1ustring.html>

Glib::ustring::erase(int, int) is not documented.

In a way it's not, though you may get some information from the function prototype in the docs. :-) I just found that it isn't a problem with the second argument of erase because I don't get an error here using zero for arg 2. What I get from the prototype in the docs is that arg 1 is the index while arg 2 is a count of how many characters to "erase" starting at the index. But, again, using zero for arg 2 should not be a problem.

For Jamil: You should look elsewhere.

-Jose