Re: Programming with gtkmm: problem with FontSelectionDialog example

Jonathon Jongsma schrieb:
On 4/26/07, Wenzel <wgwenzel t-online de> wrote:
I'm using gtkmm under Windows XP.

I'm able to compile and run the FontSelectionDialog example.

But pressing the button "sans Normal | 0" yields:

"Pango-ERROR **: Unable to create Win32 cairo scaled font.
This means out of memory or a cairo/fontconfig/FreeType bug
aborting..."

There shouldn't be an out of memory problem as I have 2 GB.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Are you using pre-built gtkmm / gtk+ packages or did you build it from
source?  It looks to me like you have some sort of an installation
issue -- either some mismatched library versions or some libraries
compiled without support for certain things, or something like that,
but I can't say for sure.  A quick google search indicates that this
may happen on older versions of windows so that could also be part of
the issue.

I'm using the newest pre-built packages, i. e.

	gtk-dev-2.10.7-win32-1.exe
	gtkmm-win32-devel-2.10.8-1.exe

Furthermore, despite of Windows Vista, Windows XP which I'm using is the most recent version of Windows.

Werner Wenzel