Re: selecting text across multiple TextView widgets

> Is there a particular reason why you want to use several text views? If
> you want to select regions across more than one, it seems to me that's a
> single text view with some decorations. And if this is the same piece of
> GUI for which you're asking about side markers without separating the
> widgets vertically, the description starts to sound extremely like the
> "code block" annotations

Sure, I know that what I am doing here should really be solved with a
proper canvas-based solution. However, I'm a bit short on time right
now, and was hoping that a few much-needed features could be
implemented without going "all the way".

(The program is a graphical notebook interface for a computer algebra
system, using TextViews for input cells and displaying output cells as
Image widgets; http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/cadabra/screenshots.html).

Best,
Kasper