Re: selecting text across multiple TextView widgets

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, Kasper Peeters <kasper peeters aei mpg de> wrote :
Is there any way to enable me to select text across multiple TextView
widgets? Or in other words, is there a mechanism which allows me to
extend the selection area of a TextView into a second one if I move
the mouse from the first to the second one while selecting text?

Is there a particular reason why you want to use several text views? If you want to select regions across more than one, it seems to me that's a single text view with some decorations. And if this is the same piece of GUI for which you're asking about side markers without separating the widgets vertically, the description starts to sound extremely like the "code block" annotations on, for example, Notepad++. I'm sure you can find a GTK editor which implements something like that - would it be worth looking at how they do it?
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |