Re: drawing decoration on top of TextView

On 4/6/07, Kasper Peeters <kasper peeters aei mpg de> wrote:
> > (To be more specific: I have a bunch of TextView objects above each
> > other, and want to draw a little
> >
> >      __
> >      --
> >
> > type 'bracket' which shows the size of each of them. Without such a
> > bracket it is impossible to see where one TextView starts and the next
> > one ends. A themeable solution would be preferred).
>
> I can't really think of a way to do what you're asking, but you might
> have just as good of luck putting your text views in a Gtk::Frame
> which would can put a border aorund each text view.

I have thought of that, but it would mean that I get a line between
each TextView (the bottom/top border lines). I would like to avoid
that, i.e. get something drawn only on the left or right which
nevertheless shows where one TextView ends and the next one begins.

Best,
Kasper

Sorry about the blank email.

Have you tried putting a VSeparator next to each TextView?

Are you not packing your TextView's in scrolled windows? Cause the
scroll bars would be a pretty good indication of the where they are.

Paul Davis