Re: libgoocanvasmm

> So, to cross check that i have this in my head right,
>
> GtkTreeModel has a method called get_column_type

Yes. It probably just calls the vfunc, but we can't always know that
that's all it does, so we have to wrap it too.

> GtkTreeModelIface has a method called get_column_type
>
> I should _WRAP_METHOD GtkTreeModel's get_column_type
> and _WRAP_VFUNC( GtkTreeModelIface's get_column_type )
>
> And _WRAP_VFUNC adds _vfunc to the get_column_type from the Iface so the
> C++
> names don't clash?

Yes.

> Wow, I really can't think in C anymore.  Objects have taken over my life.
>
> The section in the docs about signal generation is umm, well
> incomprehensible.
>
>     std::cout << get_defs(EXAMPLE_TYPE_SOMETHING)
>               << get_defs(EXAMPLE_TYPE_THING);
>
> Now, the thing compiles just fine cause I commented this out.
>

> How do I know what EXAMPLE_TYPE_BLAH's to put in there?  Should I just
> grep
> goocanvas for GOO_CANVAS_TYPE* and list them all?

Yes. Grep the public headers at least.

>  And does that then
> automagically generate all of my signal handler definitions and what not?
>
> And properties too?
>
> Cause that'd be sweet.

It generates the .defs file (allows you to run that program to generate
them, as shown in the example). You then have to use _WRAP_SIGNAL() and
_WRAP_PROPERTY(), which use that .defs file.

> next question, do I have to hand code all of my _vfunc definitions?
> There's
> a note in treemodel.ccg:

No, that should rarely be necessary. Just use _WRAP_VFUNC(), if you think
it's useful to wrap these vfuncs. I did the custom stuff with TreeModel
because I wanted to improve on the generated API.

> // Custom vfunc callbacks, because the C++ vfuncs have different
> parameters
> and return types
> // that can not be generated automatically:
>
> Cuase I'm getting vfuncs generated, they're just braindead, but so are
> some
> other functions too.

I can maybe help if you give details.

> Anyway, its coming along.  Hopefully I can whip this out in a day or two

Excellent. Thanks.

www.openismus.com