Threading Problem

Since I could not find any gtkmm threading tutorial that covers glib threads with use of gtkmm, I relied on the pygtk documentation:
http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq20.001.htp

I used Glib::thread_init() instead of gobject.threads_init(), but could not find any equivalent for gobject.idle_add(), so perhaps that is where my problems originate from.

Anyway the problem is that sometimes the interface just stops being updated while still emmiting events, so I can use the close button.

You would make me a big favour if you could review my code at:
http://madman2k.net/files/gtkasuroflash.tar.gz

the file of interest is GtkAsuroFlash.{cc,h}

and while I am asking: is there any equivalent of gtk.Window.set_icon_name(), which allows me easily setting a theme icon by name as the window icon?

Pavel