Event loop(?) peculiarity

Hi all,

I have a window, W1, that receives signals from another thread via a Dispatcher. Connected to the dispatcher is a slot that adds rows to a treeview within W1, updates a progress bar, etc. This all works fine.

Now, I also have a button in W1 that pops up a second window, W2. Occasionally, when W2 is shown the signals to W1 seem to get blocked i.e. no new rows are added to the treeview in W1 while W2 is shown. But this behavior only happens sometimes, which I find a little strange.

When W2 is shown I would like the updates to W1 to continue consistently. What is the correct way of organizing this? Would I have to run W2 in its own thread?

I have tried changing the modality of W2 but the same inconsistent behavior still results.

Kind regards,

Edd