Re: boost::shared_ptr<T> and Gtk::TreeModelColumn<T>

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 16:26 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> any opinions on the best way to have:
>
> 	Gtk::TreeModelColumn<boost::shared_ptr<T> >
>
> at the moment, g++ appears to pick the void* partial specialization of
> TreeModelColumn,

Are you sure that there is void* partial specialization? What exactly
does it look like?

>  which leads to problems later (glib complains that the
> object is not actually a G_TYPE_POINTER etc). i have considered
> implementing another partial specialization, but I am not sure it will
> solve the issue. any thoughts?

It works for RefPtr and for other random types. TreeModelColumn should
generate a custom gtype (via Glib::Value) to identify the type inside
TreeView so you shouldn't get that warning theoretically.

A little test case might help us figure it out. You could try it with
just a shared_ptr<int>, for instance.

www.openismus.com