Re: How to fully expand a widget within a window?

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 01:46:43 -0500, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

However you add widgets to show they are properly and nicely packed in a
window. But they are not affected as soon as you start resizing Window.
The
only remedy I've found is to connect method to signal_check_resize() of
the
main window:

Widgets should automatically expand to fill available space, when you have specified that. You should, for instance, investigate the Gtk::Box::pack()
parameters.

I do not agree. Gtk::Box::pack() parameters work only for initial packing. Once you change window size nothing happens to widgets. They are left in exactly the same layout. In order to solve this resize_children() should be called while or after resizing.

www.openismus.com