MenuList Auto-Import Linking Error

Hello Everyone. I have been using gtkmm for a couple of years now, developing software for school districts as well as for thesis research. I recently opened up an old project that used gtkmm-2.2, and converted it to gtkmm-2.4, as well as converting the project from Dev-CPP to Code::Blocks. Everything went successfully, even compilation, when I commented out a small block of code:

   // add all of the sub menus to the top menu bar
   MenuList items = topBar->items();

If I don't comment this line out, I get the following error:

overviewwindow.o:overviewwindow.cpp:(.text$_ZN3Gtk12Menu_Helpers8MenuListD1Ev[Gtk::Menu_Helpers::MenuList::~MenuList()]+0xb): variable 'vtable for Gtk::Menu_Helpers::MenuList' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.

I have gotten this error in the past, when working with WX, and the solution amounted to adding a #define in the compiler options of Code::Blocks. After an hour or so of searching, I am unable to find a reference to this problem in relation to gtkmm or GTK+. I am wondering if anyone has any insight into what the compiler #define option might be to resolve this, or if there is another solution. All of my dlls and include files were installed using a package installer (i.e. I didn't build them from source). I am using Windows XP as my platform. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

~Scott Johnson