Question regarding cell editing mode in the Gtk::TreeView

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a Gtk::TreeView instance behave in a certain way. I
have a tree view with text cells (CellRendererText). I turn on the
"editable" property for the column in question.

Now I can make it go into "edit" mode (the cell suddenly accepts
input) it seems only by right-clicking with a mouse. However, I don't
see anything in the documentation that would allow me to
programmatically "force" the cell to go into editing.

What I want to do is use the "Tab" button to circle around a column,
putting each cell in and out of edit mode as you go. Is there anyway
to do this?

PS: I found "set_column( Path, Column, bool start_editing), but it
seems the "start_editing" boolean does not force the cell into edit
mode.

Thanks!
--
R. Douglas Barbieri