Re: Gtk::AccelGroup::connect() missing?

> Hi,
>
> This is a friendly inquiry to see whether the wrappings for
> GtkAccelGroup's "connect" and "connect_by_path" methods have been
> omitted by design.
>
>   http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Keyboard-Accelerators.html#gtk-accel-group-connect
>
> The .hg file for the AccelGroup class has those two methods tucked
> inside an _IGNORE() block, but no comment exists to say whether
> there's fundamental brokenness about them, or perhaps they just
> haven't been requested up to this point.

The main reason that they are not wrapped is that they take GClosure
parameters, which suggests that they are some funky thing only needed for
GTK+ internals or only needed rarely.

Hopefully the same effect can be achieved with other parts of the API.
Does that seem to be the case?

For instance, by specifying the accelerator and callback slot when
creating the Gtk::Action. I don't understand why anybody would want a
separate callback for an accelerator, instead of one callback for both the
accelerator and normal activation.

www.openismus.com