Re: Find out if a widget or window is actually visible?

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 04:21:20 -0500, Toralf Lund <toralf procaptura com> wrote:

Does Gtkmm/Gdkmm offer a nice and simple way to find out if a widget or
window is actually visible to the user, i.e. is mapped *and not obscured
by another window*? I mean, .e.g Gdk::Window::is_viewable () and
Gdk::Window::is_visible ()/Gtk::Widget::is_visible() will answer only
first half of that question, I believe, i.e. they will tell me whether
the window/widget is mapped, but not check if it is covered by something
else.

- Toralf