Re: is there a way to ask if a signal occurred?

Not exactly sure what you're asking here.

It seems like you're either wanting to respond to double click events, or just to the second click.  Either way, this would probably most likely be in the realm of your app's logic.

In other words, its up to you to capture how many times a signal was emitted and respond accordingly.

Paul