ScrolledWindow::remove() problem

Hi! I'm working on a small app that has a ScrolledWindow and a couple of
TreeView widgets. According to the selected elements in the TreeViews, certain
widgets should be added or removed from the ScrolledWindow; but I'm having
problems removing them. Whenever the app calls ScrolledWindow::remove() under
Windows (XP, gtk/gtkmm 2.8), it crashes. This behaviour is not seen under
Linux. The contained widgets are Gtk::Layouts, and none of them are managed.
The only difference between the Linux build and the Windows build are the
headers and libraries used to build the executable. For Linux I'm using
gtk/gtkmm-2.8, while for Windows, gtk/gtkmm-2.6. I cannot switch over to
gtk/gtkmm-2.8 for the Windows build because compatibility with Windows 98 is a
requirement. Are there any known bugs related to this behaviour I'm not aware
of?