focus-out-event handlers

Hi,

My focus-out event handlers needs access to the dialog object.  However, when
the dialog is destroyed, appropriate child also receives `focus-out-event'.
And since destructor of the dialog has been called already, I cannot access
the dialog object anymore...  (Handler is not disconnected automatically
since it belongs to a different than the dialog object.)

Is there some standard solution to this problem?  It probably also applies
to other events/signals as well.

Paul