Re: focus-out-event handlers

My 30 second reply would be to check out the signal_window_state_event at:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Widget.html#7c9e80a059a7af81eca486f9ec285f46

You could use this to know when the dialog gets closed.  Only question is if it gets called first.  Which I imagine it does if your dialog destructor has already run.

Let me know if that works.  And if not, write up a small example to show what the problem is and I'll look harder.

Paul