Re: TreeView wrap text continues

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 09:14 +0200, PerBeatus wrote:
> OK
>
> My mail yesterday was a bit too short :) so one more time.
> I'm using Gtk::TreeView in my program, that has Gtk::CellRendererText in
> column.
> I wanted to wrap the text in that CellRendererText so I putted commands
>
> cell_renderer_text->property_wrap_mode() = Pango::WRAP_WORD;
> cell_renderer_text->property_wrap_width() = 200;
>
> I've found these commands at http://gtkmm.org/doc of course not gtk.org ;)
> I'm including all I need.
>
> At compiling I got error says that there are not such methods in
> CellRendererText class so I looked in .cc and .h files and that's right,
> there aren't.
> How on earth I can wrap text in TreeView now?

I guess that CellRendererText::property_wrap_mode() is only available in
a newer version of gtkmm. I'm not sure, but I guess it was introduced in
gtkmm 2.10.

Although new methods have a "since 2.x" bit in the documentation, I
guess we don't do that for properties. We should.

It's always a good idea to use the documentation for the version of
gtkmm that you have installed, as supplied by your distribution or
installation. The online documentation is the latest documentation for
the lastest gtkmm version.

> It's really confusing for someone who is familiar with GTK+ because in
> there you have those properties.

But only in a newer version of GTK+.

www.openismus.com