Re: drawing ellipses

On 10/7/06, Amadeus W. M. <amadeus84 verizon net> wrote:
How do I draw an ellipse (or rectangle, for that matter), rotated by some
angle? I know about Drawable::draw_arc() and draw_rectangle(), but these
only draw the objects with the semiaxes parallel to the image axes. I
imagine I have to set up some transformation matrix, and I don't know what
to look for. Thanks!

Depending on which version of gtkmm you're using you can probably use
a transformation matrix in cairo to achieve this. cairo is integrated
in GTK+ from version 2.8, and in gtkmm from 2.10, so if you're not
using gtkmm 2.10 but are using 2.8, you can still use the C cairo
functions if you want.  If you're using a version before 2.8, you'll
need to use GDK drawing functions, and I don't know enough about the
GDK drawing stuff to know whether something like this is possible
without cairo...
--
jonner