Re: Replacing color

I'll precise a bit my ask ...
Let's say I have this "template" image :
http://derf.hd.free.fr/~derf/gtkmm/templateImagePb/Cross%20Example.png
To resume : a transparent image with a semi transparent black cross in the
middle (cross with black color, but approximatively 50% blending)

I have this background on which I want to draw some things :
http://derf.hd.free.fr/~derf/gtkmm/templateImagePb/BG%20Example.png
To resume : a typical white background with red border (but no matter...)

What I'd want is, first, this :
http://derf.hd.free.fr/~derf/gtkmm/templateImagePb/Intermediate%20Example.png
That is to say my "template image" on which I "replaced" the "template
color" (ie the "black" color) with my "current" color (green) ... The
blending haven't been applied
(I don't know if I have to pass by this state in order to solve my problem
but... in case ...)

THe final result I expect :
http://derf.hd.free.fr/~derf/gtkmm/templateImagePb/Final%20Result.png
(It doesn't look different from the above... but if you open it under your
favorite painting editor, You'll see the blending differences : the green is
"lighter" on this one than above)

To resume : I want to draw an image and replace specific pixels by others
(but only RGB !... not RGBA !)
Is this possible to your mind ?... Or should I make it "by hand" ?