Re: glade-3 integration for gtkmm-widgets

Alexander Brinkman schrieb:
> (not yet tested this:...)
> In the _postcreate(GObject *object, int reason) function, could we first
> save the properties of the Gtk+ widget, before creating a wrapper around
> it? After creation of the wrap we could re-apply the properties...

i already tried this. sadly, the properties values get lost because the
Glib::Properties already do register a "set_property" handler in the
corresponding GWidgetClass (when registering the GType) which points to
custom_set_property_callback() (in property.cc).

then later, when a new GObject (which was not yet wrapped) gets its
properties assigned, custom_set_property_callback() is called, which
sees there is no wrapper for the property yet and silently discards the
value. so there is no value to save when postcreate() is called.

the only solution i can see is to make glade call an additional callback
between GObject creation and property assignment (see my previous mail
to the list: we'll have to talk to the glade team about it).

  --o
--
Oliver Nittka
ESEM Grünau GmbH & Co. KG