Re: Delete a dialog from glade ?

Murray Cumming wrote:

I have been using glade-2 and Gtkmm-2.4 for a while,

and libglademm, I assume.
Ups, yeps ... sorry of cause, on a Debian etch.

and this is a nice way to get something done relatively fast. But I have problems related to destruction of child windows.

I'm not sure what you mean by "child" windows.
The sub window, I open from my first application window, like a dialog box with or without modal functionality. I try to do this (snipped code):

ProfiletypeWindow *pWindow = NULL;

refXml->get_widget_derived( "profiletype_window", pWindow );
pWindow->set_transient_for( *this );

pWindow->init( *m_scope, profiletype_id );

From a button signal in my topmost window.

If you really want to delete the window then you should use "delete".
hide() just hides the window.
Yes, but hide dont hide the window ...

I have this signal bound function in my "dialog" window :

void ProfiletypeWindow::on_quit( void )
{
    hide();

    clog << "quit profiletype window" << endl;

//    delete this;
}

It write the text to clog, but it remain visible. If i include the "delete this" thing, it remains visible but stop handling signals, and only the window manager close X works.

It works for me. I do this lots in Glom.
I think I will try to take a deeper look into that project again, as I have a cvs checkout somewhere.

Neither of these problems should be happening either. I suspect that
something else is causing the problem, so it's probably a good idea to
create a simple test case.
Ok, maybe a good idea !

valgrind might provide clues.
Refcounting problems ... don't sound good :-)

/BL