Re: Delete a dialog from glade ?

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 14:41 +0100, Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> I have been using glade-2 and Gtkmm-2.4 for a while,

and libglademm, I assume.

>  and this is a nice
> way to get something done relatively fast. But I have problems related
> to destruction of child windows.

I'm not sure what you mean by "child" windows.

>  And I found nothing about it in the
> tutorial.
>
> The main window is easy, as "hide()" does the trick,

If you really want to delete the window then you should use "delete".
hide() just hides the window.

>  but if I open op a
> child Gtk::Window using glade get_widget_derive I am in trouble.
>
> The window opens and I can bind and use widgets inside it, but if i make
> an quit function (form a quit button) that calls "hide()", nothing
> happens.

It works for me. I do this lots in Glom.

>  If I try good old "delete this" the dialog stop responding
> (except for the frame "X" that always works) but it is still visible.
>
> I have also tried to make my window a Gtk::Dialog and then try to use
> "run()" for modal usage, but this just opened up two frames, one with
> the glade content and an empty one. So I guess Gtk::Dialog is not for
> glade-2 usage:-)

Neither of these problems should be happening either. I suspect that
something else is causing the problem, so it's probably a good idea to
create a simple test case.

valgrind might provide clues.

www.openismus.com