Re: Find out if a widget or window is actually visible?

Paul Davis wrote:
Toralf,

I'd recommend considering adopting a multithreaded design to accomplish this.
I don't know. Seems to me that this has been discussed here before, but personally, I'm far from sure that introducing threads just to do something like this is right. I generally believe in keeping things as simple as possible, and a multi-threaded application is anything but. Not that I'll never use threads at all, but I have my doubts about introducing them as a way of implementing GUI features; a decision on whether to use threads should rather be based on an analysis of the entire task at hand and the overall architecture of the application. If you know what I'm saying...

- Toralf