Re: Wrapping pangocairo.h

Scribit Murray Cumming dies 30/05/2006 hora 18:56:
> > Why use a helper function (I suppose that it is one) instead of a
> > constructor? Is it because you want it to return a RefPtr?
> Yes, all classes that need to be used via RefPtr have no public
> constructors. They have static create() methods instead.

Why not have a public constructor to allow it (and thus provide more
flexibility to the user) along with the helper function that uses
RefPtr?

For example, it might be easier for someone using extensively the Boost
libraries to use boost::intrusive_ptr<T> instead of Glib::RefPtr<T>...

Doubtfully,
Nowhere man
--
nowhere man levallois eu org