Re: Wrapping pangocairo.h

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 14:42 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > I also have a more basic question about this pangocairo stuff.  Is
> > this supposed to be an optional backend or is it supposed to be
> > available everywhere?
>
> No idea. I'd appreciate it if you managed to figure it out.

I suspect that they just want to allow newer versions of pango to build
even when cairo is not available. But gtkmm 2.10 is already dependent on
cairo so I don't care about that.

As far as I can tell, the headers for the platform-specific
implementations of PangoCairoFontMap (PangoCairoFcFontMap,
PangoCairoWin32FontMap, and PangoCairoATSUIFontMap) are not installed.

At the moment I am tempted to hide the whole PangoCairoFontMap interface
too. Dynamic casting from PangoFontMap to PangoCairoFontMap (unrelated
classes) will be difficult (You'd have to dynamic cast down to the
shared ObjectBase class first.), and people can always use the C API for
the few functions that it offers.

www.openismus.com